Now that I've re-posted all the reviews from my static HTML website on this blog I've closed my old website down and pulled all the content off the web. The only stuff that I haven't brought over are the model photographs but that is because I intend to build a separate blog to show them off and the old photos were not great quality anyway. I'll still show my work in progress on this blog.
Which brings me neatly to the title of this post; displacement activity. While I was sorting out my webspace issues I didn't have much time to paint this weekend. All I did was re-paint the black undercoat on the Blood Letters. I had earlier drybrushed their weapons a brass colour.
Perhaps I keep finding other things to do because I'm in a bit of a funk with my painting. I really need to knuckle down and get my 'to do' list completed. The irony is that I'm very close to getting my whole Chaos Space Marine army finished. I only have the Blood Letters, Greater Daemon and some Berzerkers to go, then I can move on to the prestige project of my Brass Scorpion. That's it; I'll not have a single model left to do. I'm also in the middle of a campaign with my Chaos army so I'll have the added bonus of being able to use them in games.
Still they gently weep while I find other things to do.
Maybe I need to revise my painting strategy for the coming week. Rather than sit down and finish an entire squad in one session I'll try and get in just 30 minutes every night. That way I can chip away at them and at least feel like I'm getting somewhere.