Sunday, December 7, 2008

NEW MODEL FUND: Gold Library

In my last financial round-up I mentioned I would try to put some stuff up for sale on eBay to build up my kitty for new models. I followed through with that promise and listed three items; two graphic novels and a Black Library background book. I was amazed as the bids came whizzing in and the Sabbat Worlds Crusade book in particular raked in an impressive haul. I made £74.89 in just one week.

Get in!

That made me rifle through my other books for similar items and I came up with nine things; eight more graphic novels and another Black Library background book. You can check everything out here. I'm hoping I can add a substantial sum to my war chest by this time next week.

So how does my fund stand at the moment?
  • Total income from sales (and my penny jar) £626.67
  • Less models bought £537.12
  • New model fund £89.55
That's a very healthy profit - the best shape it's been in in a long time. It has obviously been helped because I haven't bought any new models either. To be honest I can't imagine buying anything new at all until well after Christmas, presuming my heavy hints of model-related pressies haven't fallen upon deaf ears.

PS - You may have noticed that I've dropped the category of sellers fees from my figures above. I decided it wasn't necessary at all and instead I've incorporated the fees in my income from sales figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment