Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tackling the beast

Just a quick update to show you my Exalted Champion's Daemonic Mount. It's a really heavy all metal model and I had a devil of a job gluing it together. I couldn't fit the pieces properly and I had to file everything down. Even then there were big gaps which I had to fill with Green Stuff. Left off the rider so I could get into all the nooks and crannies of the mount.


Because the model is so heavy I had to glue it to a large base and then further secure it with copious amounts of blu-tac in order to paint it. I sprayed it Chaos Black and then painted Chaos Black into the crevices to give it a uniform undercoat.


The first thing I painted was the fur because I knew I would drybrush it and that it would be messy. I overbrushed Scorched Brown first, followed by a Snakebite Leather drybrush and a light Bleached Bone drybrush. I then washed the lot with Brown Ink to tie the layers together. Finally I tidied up the edges with Chaos Black.

I'll tackle the chainmail next.

No comments:

Post a Comment