I had my first day off yesterday following eleven consecutive days at work. I made myself a list of outstanding tasks which ended up running to twenty or so items. Gulp!
Near the top of my list was to paint the gold metals on my Brass Scorpion conversion. I estimated it would take three hours. It took six.
Here's the result.
I started with a 50/50 mix of Tin Bitz and Brazen Brass and blocked in the main gold areas. Next I added a layer of 50/50 Brazen Brass and Burnished Gold. The final highlight was a 50/50 mix of Burnished Gold and Mithril Silver.
To tie the layers together I covered it all with a Gryphonne Sepia wash. This gave the gold a lovely warm tint and took a lot of the harshness from the silvery highlight.
So that's two of the four main colours on my super heavy. Next up will be red on the armour plating and then I'll need to tidy up all the black areas and 'highlight' that with some metallic chips and damage. The final stage will be the detailing.
If you've noticed a change in the photographs accompanying this blog post it's because I tried to follow some of the advice in this post on From the Warp. I remember the original from Wee Toy Soldiers and it's just a shame that that blog is now no more. The guide is particularly handy for me because I have just started using Picasa and I'm really struggling with it. Kudos to Ron for resurrecting it on his outstanding web pages.
Finally, I've written up my thoughts on The Gauntlet tournament over on my Battle Reports blog.
So that's two things knocked off my 'to do' list. Tomorrow I plan on sorting out my Warhammer Fantasy battle stuff; I've got a battle report to write up, some models to repair, some rules queries to investigate and a new army list to write.
Ta ta for now.