Thursday, December 13, 2007

GENERAL: Bargain books

I was having a mooch around town in my lunchbreak yesterday when I spied a Black Library Warhammer book in a second hand bookshop. I went in to see if they had any 40k novels and found three; Storm of Iron by Graham McNeill, Dark Apostle by Anthony Reynolds and Faith and Fire by James Swallow.They were only £3 each which is a bit of a bargain; Dark Apostle was only published in September this year.

Storm of Iron is a particularly timely acquisition as I have not long finished Nightbringer, McNeill's first Ultramarine novel in that trilogy. From what I can gather, Storm of Iron fits into the Ultramarine stories and, if I want to read the books as one grand narrative, I should it next. I had been prevaricating about buying Storm of Iron or just ploughing on with the Ultramarine trilogy. My mind has now been made up for me.

Faith and Fire I'm not so sure about. I absolutely loathed James Swallows' Blood Angels books but I enjoyed his Horus Heresy novel Flight of the Eisenstein. I'll give it a go and see how the Sisters of Battle fare.

I have a few days off now so I'm hoping to get a few more posts up regarding the Phoenix campaign (lurgy allowing).

No comments:

Post a Comment