Thursday, December 20, 2007

GENERAL: Invasions, both xenos and bacterial

I've now posted the third battle report in the Phoenix Campaign. I'm really enjoying these battles as they are adding a new dimension to our games. Due to the unusual scenarios and victory conditions for the missions Gary and I are having to explore our codexes all over again. Units we may have once dismissed for competitive play are suddenly optimal while old favourites get left behind on the shelf. Our brains are also being exercised as they have to come up with new plans and strategies to achieve specific goals. It is also nudging us to add more units to our armies. Gary plans to add anothe Wave Serpent and a Fire Prism.

Of course I already have a stack of Chaos models still to paint. I haven't made any more progress unfortunately. My manflu has developed into a full bacterial invasion of my sinuses. I've had a headache for 5 days and I can't seem to concentrate on anything. I was sent home from work and forced to go to the doctors. So now I'm on anti-biotics and lazing around at home. Normally I'd be putting my hobby cap on and tearing through my list of projects to do but all I feel like doing is sleeping or lying on the sofa watching films (I watched some Band of Brothers today).

Ho hum. As long as I'm recovered for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment