Friday, May 30, 2008


Just a quick blog entry to show you my progress with Abaddon. Apologies for the quality of the pictures as they seem a bit dark and some bits are out of focus. Ah well - at least they're just work in progress shots. One day I will get a proper photography set up.

Anyhoo - as usual with virtually all of my models I started painting the metallics first.

I used my tried and tested gold recipe which I've described several times already; Tin Bitz followed by Brazen Brass then Burnished Gold and finally Mithril Silver. I then washed it with a mix of Brown*, Chestnut and a little Purple Ink.

For the silvery metallics I went with Boltgun Metal with a Mithril Silver highlight and a wash of Black Ink.

There were a couple of different washes I mixed up for different metal areas. I watered down some Vermin Brown to represent rust on the coil of barbed wire and I gave the sword a couple of Purple washes to bring out the detail. I'm still not sure if I like the effect or not.

Once I had all the metallics completed I went round the whole model with Chaos Black and tidied up my mistakes. Then I broke out the Boltgun Metal again and dabbed the armour edges to show battle damage.

So just two hours work has half finished Abaddon. The largest areas are all done with just the face and hair, tabard and trophy rack to complete. Oh, and the base.

I'm hoping to get more done over the weekend, so I'll check back in with another progress report later

No comments:

Post a Comment