My Internet connection went down yesterday so I couldn't post, but it did mean I had more time to paint. Stage 2 of my Warriors was more metal; this time the weapons, chainmail and spikes. I used Boltgun metal as it is a bit darker than Chainmail and therefore looks a little more realistic.
I have been batch painting the whole unit of ten Warriors in order to get them onto the tabletop for a game on Tuesday night. Here they are:
Painting time: 1 hour.
Cumulative total: 2 hours.
Taking a break from all the metal I decided to paint the boots. I bought a new pot of Snakebite Leather for the purpose as I have found it goes straight onto black beautifully. Not this time. The Snakebite Leather seemed oily and covered poorly, as you can see in the pics below. It was reminiscent of the GW yellows, where you need to paint it on a white undercoat or build up a number of layers.
Despite my problems I slathered it onto the rest of the Warriors. It just means I'll need to add another stage later to tidy it up.
Painting time: 30 mins.
Cumulative total: 2 hours 30 mins.