Monday, October 8, 2007

APOCALYPSE: Daemonhunters

My Exigators Chaos space marines see action in another battle report here for those following their exploits.

Meanwhile, I've put together another army list for Apocalypse. My radical Daemonhunters are one of my favourite armies in terms of background, models and paint jobs but they are awful on the tabletop. They should be fun in Apocalypse games, though, where the emphasis is more on having a laugh than winning. As with my other lists, I kept the wargear to the absolute minimum of what is shown on the models.

HQ
  • Inquisitor Lord, thunder hammer, bolt pistol, psychic hood
    • 3 combat servitors, 2 acolytes with power armour and bolt pistols, 2 familiars, 2 hierophants
  • Inquisitor Lord, psycannon
    • gun servitor with plasma cannon, warrior with plasma gun, 2 warriors with shotguns, 2 sages, 3 mystics
Elites
  • Inquisitor, anointed weapon, incinerator
  • 2 Daemonhosts
  • 3 Death cult assassins
  • Vindicare assassin
  • Culexus assassin
  • Callidus assassin
  • Eversor assassin
Troops
  • 9 Sormtroopers, 2 meltaguns, rhino with hunter killer missile, extra armour, smoke
  • 8 Stormtroopers, 2 flamers, veteran sergeant with plasma pistol, rhino with extra armour, smoke
  • 6 Stormtroopers, 2 plasma guns
  • 6 Stormtroopers, 2 grenade launchers
Points: 1711

I have two lots of Imperial Guard and my Blood Angels to add to the Daemonhunters to make an Imperial alliance. I think the Daemonhunters would add some close combat counter assault to the thin line of Imperial Guardsmen, where their lack of speed wouldn't be a factor. Probably not the most effective use of points but they look cool.

And who wouldn't like the chance to use all four assassins in the same game?

No comments:

Post a Comment