Saturday, October 20, 2007

MODELLING: Blood Angel bases

I'm working on several blog posts over the weekend so expect to see a second Blood Angel battle report, a Cadian Apocalypse list, an Aeronautica Imperialis review and some pics of my Blood Angels shortly.

I picked up the Warhammer 40k basing kit yesterday, along with a box of Tactical marines. I was surprised to find 28 bases in a box containing just 10 models. Since I'm feeling a bit poorly, and not in good enough shape to paint to a decent standard I thought I'd do something far less demanding and use the basing kit to decorate the bases. This little lot took just 30 minutes to put together.

I glued the resin pieces and the large slate pieces randomly on the bases using superglue, then I added PVA glue and sprinkled on some of the smaller slate chippings. Finally I added fine sand over the rest. I'll leave them to dry out overnight then I'll start to build some of the Tactical marines and Veterans to put on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment