Sunday, March 1, 2009


The Blood Angels Assault Squad is complete!

I've been very busy at work this week, finishing late and working six days, so my free time was severely restricted. I had a direct choice to make between updating my blog and painting my models. I went for the models.

I took a leaf out of my own book and painted in short bursts each night. One night I finished the Sergeant's power sword. The next I highlighted the helmets. On the third night I detailed the helmets. The fourth I highlighted the jump pack harnesses and weapons. Next I painted the barbed wire and added it to the bases. The plasma pistols came next. Today I painted the melta-bomb on the Sergeant.

Individually, each step seems insignificant but by doing a task each day at least I felt like I was making progress. And here I am with a finished unit.

So with the Assault Squad done I began to put together my Dreadnought.

It's the Dread from the Assault on Black Reach boxed set. I already own a Blood Angel specific Dreadnought armed with a multi-melta and storm bolter so I decided I would hack up this plastic version to give it an Assault cannon and heavy flamer. You can see from the photo that so far I have removed the multi-melta barrels and replaced them with an assault cannon from an old Baal predator. My next task will be to detail the rest of the arm with an ammo feed and something to disguise the multi-melta ammunition.

Going berzerk
I've written up another battle report from 40k 4th edition involving my Imperial Guard. It was a 1500 point games against Gary's Khorne Berzerker Chaos Space Marine army. It was a bit of an experiment for me as I tried out the drop troops doctrine for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment