Sunday, August 23, 2009

MODELLING: Assault on Black Ork Reach

I spent an hour or two during the week clipping all of my Assault on Black Reach Orks from their sprues and snap fitting them together. You may also notice there are six Nobs rather than five; the extra Nob came free on the cover of White Dwarf. My next big task is to scrape off all the mould lines and glue them together.

It's the first time I've had a decent look at the models and I have to say I'm impressed. The Boyz look mean and sufficiently different from each other to convey the chaotic horde of Orks vibe, the Nobs are big and bulky and the Warboss is enormous. The Deffkoptas are simply stunning and much bigger than I expected. All in all I already have an impressive core to my new Ork army.

I have also been stripping some Old Ork models in my Dettol bath. The Killer Kanz and Deff Dread are in there at the moment along with an assortment of rokkit boyz, big shoota boyz and Nobs of every description. I have such a range of models spread across several different troop types and editions of the game I'm seriously considering constructing the whole army first and then painting them up. That way I'll have a far better idea of how to split the models between units effectively. It'll be a big job but it would mean I could paint other things in the meantime, such as my Planetary Empires tiles and my Planetstrike terrain.

Destroy the Gargant campaign
Speaking of Orks, I've just uploaded my eighth campaign game where my Daemonhunters took on Gary's greenskins. This was another Cityfight mission called Relief Force. Inquisitor Lord Severus is cornered by Warboss Snitchtongue - will his reinforcements arrive in time? Find out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment