Saturday, June 9, 2007

NEW MODEL FUND: Tau, Tau and more Tau

Many apologies for not posting yesterday - my work finally caught up with me. It shouldn't happen again.

I've had a shed-load of Tau up for sale on e-bay for the last couple of weeks, mainly Fire Warriors, but I sold the tanks and crisis suits last week and that boosted my income very nicely. Here is my swag so far.
  • Total income from sales (and my penny jar) £188.05
  • Less selling fees £12.63
  • Less models bought £84.00
  • New model fund £91.42
I'm expecting the gun drones and kroot on sale at the moment to fetch a lot less. The auctions are here if you fancy a bargain.

Upcoming auctions will feature more tanks and battle suits. The difference with these blighters are that they are painted. That's good news if you have an urban cammo paint scheme and need some quick reinforcements. I've also come across another dozen Fire Warriors which will complement the 48 I have already shifted.

I mentioned a while ago that I was considering selling my Praetorian army. Well, I'm putting that off for a while because I watched Zulu again the other day. It made me realise why I bought the army in the first place and I just can't bear to get rid of the plucky soldiers. Instead I have a hazy plan to utilise them as a matching army for the Chaos Renegade Militia (taking the place of the Death Korps of Krieg). I reckon I could paint them in a drab colour scheme (rather than the stereotypical red) and mix in some of the new Forgeworld goodies to simulate a WW1 era footslogger force.

Of course this will be some way off in the future. Now I need to dig through my collection and see what other models I can sell. My Skullz promotional mini's are an obvious start.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment