Tuesday, June 12, 2007

NEWS AND RUMOURS: Chaos Marine models and Forgeworld goodies

I know this is supposed to be a post about my painting and modelling exploits but I haven't managed to pick up a paintbrush or a pot of glue all week. That's right, I've done precisely nothing. I hope to remedy this over the coming weekend, but for now I have nothing to report.

So instead I thought I'd draw your attention to the lovely new Chaos Marine models shown on Warseer. The pics were originally posted by selfconstrukt. This thread shows the new Terminator Lord sprue, the Khornate champion, the Raptor champion, Huron Blackheart, the Possessed sprue, the Terminator sprue and the recut Chaos Space Marine sprues. Phew!

The Terminator sprue looks like it includes 3 combi-bolters, 1 combi-flamer, 1 combi-melta, 1 reaper autocannon, 1 heavy flamer and 3 power weapons, 2 powerfists and a chainfist. Quite a combination but limited if you want multiples of the same weapon.

The model below is believed to be constructed from the Terminator Lord sprue.

Sweet!

The Marine sprue seems to have enough weapons to give bolters or bolt pistols and ccw weapons to the entire squad, but doesn't really introduce much else new (other than a flamer). Five legs per sprue probably means they'll be repackaged to ten models per box.

The Possessed sprue is probably the most impressive and most exciting. There don't seem to be enough of each mutation to equip entire squads so my guess is you give the squad a mix of mutations and then roll before the game to see what they actually use.

Not only that, but, like a bolt of lightning from a clear sky, there are some pics of new Commissars and an Ogryn for the Imperial Guard. I had no idea any Guard models were in the works, so these are a bit of a treat.

It's such a pity I'm going to stop playing with my Exigators this summer. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment