Sunday, June 17, 2007

PAINTING AND MODELLING: Marauders

This is just a small update to report that, after almost two weeks of inactivity, I have finally constructed my 16 man Marauder unit with light armour and shields.


I would guess that they have taken about five hours to build and base. Grrr. I knew there was a reason I wanted a small and elite army.

It's not even as though I think they will be good on the tabletop. I reckon I need at least 25 models to make the unit viable as a combat resolution anchor. Ideally, I'd like to buy another 16 man boxed set, make a ten man support unit with flails and then add the rest to the big unit. That would make twenty-two men. I'm sure I could pad it up to 25 with a root around the rest of my model collection.

The big problem is time. I don't know when I'll get time to finish this lot, never mind another batch. Ho hum.

You might notice a few changes in this blog over the next couple of weeks - in fact I think my links have disappeared already. Please bear with me. It's for the best. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment