Saturday, July 7, 2007

GENERAL: Excuses, excuses...

Many apologies for my missing post yesterday.

I had planned to write up the first game for the Nemesis Crown campaign straight after work on Friday but I got a better offer. The Royal Shakespeare Company are in Newcastle at the moment and Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings films) is starring in two plays, one of which I saw during the week. With no notice I got the chance to have a cup of tea and a chat with him before the second play. Obviously, I instantly forgot about my blogging responsibilities and subsequently lost my small posting window between work and seeing the second play. I got back home after midnight because there was a post-show discussion straight after the play. It's not often you get to shoot the breeze with an Oscar nominated actor so I stayed for that, too. He's a great guy, very warm and funny, so it was well worth it.

I was due to work on Saturday so I couldn't even put in a midnight shift and type up the battle report. I basically got my head down for a few hours then went in to do a full day's work. I'm home now and thus this post!

I called in to my local Games Workshop store on the way back and picked up a copy of Mighty Empires. Once I've had a good rake through the box I'll post up a review for this blog. While I was there I paid for my Games Day ticket. I'm hoping I can pick up some Forgeworld stuff when I'm there in September, as well as some Chaos Space Marine goodies and possibly some early Apocalypse releases (like the Baneblade). It's just as well I have built up a good war chest with my New Model Fund!

Anyway, normal service will be resumed tomorrow when I really will post the campaign battle report.

No comments:

Post a Comment