Monday, July 16, 2007

PAINTING AND MODELLING: Chaos bases

I had a monster hangover yesterday after a big drinking session on Saturday night. Never mix the grape and grain! So I really didn't fancy painting anything but I had just enough energy to flock my Chaos bases. I hadn't done this for a while so I had a lot to do; the Lord, Warhounds, Marauder horse, Marauder infantry and the movement trays.


As you can see in the photo, it really does make a massive difference to the look of an army. If you don't already add flock to your bases I'd recommend it. You get a lot out of it for not a lot of effort.

I use two types of materials, static grass and snow flock. Both are added with dabs of watered down PVA glue.

On the left you can see the final model I need to paint for the army - a Knight. I'm going to try and use the foundation paints to replicate the red of my other knights as this is a notoriously tricky colour to paint over black.

I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment